All patients should receive a reminder to facilitate attendance at their health care appointment; of course, reducing the number of missed appointments is a way to increase health care efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
Missed appointments represent an avoidable cost and resource inefficiency that impacts patient health and treatment outcomes.
- Increase attendance at appointments.
- Promote appointment cancellations/rescheduling, and full agendas.
- Improve healthcare service, as the reminder is perceived by the patient as an additional service.
- Reduce waiting times for appointments.
- Reduce underutilization of equipment and staff.
Human call reminder:
- Allows to confirm that the correct person receives the reminder or to notify of the need to update patient information
- Ensures confidentiality
- Ensures that the message is received and understood